Monday, July 7, 2008

Canada Boys

if you are of the male persuasion, I guess you can choose to ignore this one. Sometimes, I just need a little girl talk.

Congratulations to Canada for having finally produced an upstanding specimen of male. We've been searching hard and long for him, and were rewarded today on the 314 bus to Surrey Central Station. He was on his way to a photo shoot, where he'll be assisting the photographer, but usually, he models. Yes. He models. he also does Rubik's cubes real fast which is how JEnn and I got into conversation with him, and he's a Mennonite, which explains why we didn't know he was a model until he told us. I say this partly to comfort my mother, who I suspect has disliked him ever since 3 sentances ago. If it helps, mom, modelling is a side gig. Usually he's in construction. Congratulations, Brad from bus 314. Relocated American girls everywhere salute you.

Needless to say, we found it a ministerial duty to give him a Royal Heights BAptist Church card. would have been wrong to have refrained, I think.

Anywho, I suppose that Canada is not totally devoid of good boys (I mean men. We've been discussing this. Good Men.). I've seen several cute ones, a few of which I've talked to. I try to refrain mostly, though, since the whole missionary thing involves not being distracted. It's not very hard. My problem with all the cute boys is that they all have Canadian accents. And I realize that I'm in Canada. But this fact does not make it any easier for me to take them seriously when they say "Oat and aboat" instead of "Out and About." and also, they say "Beeeeeeeen" instead of "Been" and I am sorry but that sort of drives me bonkergoonies. This is another reason Brad from the bus is to be congratulated. If he had a CAnadian accent, I didn't hear it.

So dont panic, father and youth pastor. Until the Canadians start saying ya'll or busboy comes back, I am quite safe.

4 comments:

thesharester said...

amy! whats up. hope your trip is going well. i'm praying for you!

Krystal said...

Miss Amy,
I spoke with your lovely sister Audrey this evening at the VBS production. She misses you something awful, I believe. In my conversations with her, she gave me your blog site. So, here I am. I'm so glad to hear that you're growing. And growing seems to always require growing pains, doesn't it? Bummer. However, as is Amy fashion, you are going through it all so gracefully. I miss your smile. I look forward to hearing more about your visits in your blog, and once you return back down here to the "states". :)

Krystal said...

Oh, one other thing. I was wondering if you think that America should attempt a new phrase. Hear me out on this one. In Canada, as I'm sure you're now well aware, at the end of most sentences, there's the word "eh"... pronounced "A". And in Mexico, they say "Si", or, "C". Yes? Well, it seems fitting that since we're in the middle of those two countries, that we say, "Be", or, "B". What are your thoughts? :)

Lance said...

Ok i am on my way up there and brad or whatever your name is......model or not if you don't know Jesus you better get to know Him becasue you are going to see him soon........Hi Amy Love ya and miss ya